With this really positive start to the day, you will have eaten at least 5 portions of vegetables which will help to balance blood sugar levels throughout the day, helping to sustain energy levels.
Tips to get started:
- Buy a really good juicer, I can assure you it is worth the initial investment.
- Buy organic fruits and vegetables (if you use vegetables treated with pesticides etc. you can actually do more harm by ingesting more toxins)
- Once you have made your juice it will begin to oxidise and lose nutrients so ideally drink it straight away or store it in a glass container or BPA free bottle in the fridge.
- Drink your juice through a straw if you are worried about the effect on your teeth
* It’s all in the preparation to make your life as easy as possible.
- The night before, wash and scrub all your vegetables and leave in a bowl in the fridge
- Set up your juicer ready on your worktop with a glass ready to fill.
- When I’m juicing, I fill up the sink with hot soapy water and put the parts of the juicer straight into soak and off you go!
** There doesn’t have to be any waste. The leftover pulp can be used to in cooking e.g. it can be added to muffins, soups, energy balls etc.
If you would like to share a recipe please do make sure you reference me, linking Nutrition for Life to your website as a lot of hard work goes into these recipes and articles. Please do send me an email to let us know. Thank you.