This fabulous soup, my take on Kay Shreya’s delicious cauliflower soup, is so popular with its deliciously creamy taste.
A great source of many vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin C, B vitamins, fibre and also phytochemicals and antioxidants. This is a really healthy soup that also tastes amazing.
1 onion, roughly chopped
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
½ tsp coconut oil
50 g cashews (soaked overnight if possible)
2 tsp sesame seeds
1 small cauliflower (300g), washed and cut into florets
500 ml of vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp of chives, finely chopped
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan. Once melted, add the onion and garlic and soften for approximately 10 minutes (until cooked but not brown).
- Add the cashew nuts, sesame seeds, cauliflower, seasoning and the stock to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Cool the soup slightly before blending in a liquidiser until smooth.
- To serve, pour the soup back into a pan and bring up to temperature, checking the seasoning. Sprinkle with finely chopped chives.
* Take special care when liquidising the soup if it is still hot.