This really is power in a bowl. With a high vitamin B and magnesium content, this soup really helps to control energy levels. It also has powerful antioxidant properties, making it a total winner and it’s totally delicious too.
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 stick of celery, roughly chopped
5 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tsp coconut oil
1 green chilli, seeds removed, roughly chopped
75 g broccoli, chopped into florets
75 g green beans, roughly chopped
75 g frozen peas (or fresh in the summer)
1 green courgette, roughly chopped
40 g spinach leaves
40 g watercress leaves
75 g curly kale
1 litre of vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan. Once melted, add the onion, celery and garlic and soften for approximately 10 minutes (until cooked but not brown).
- Add the stock along with the broccoli, green beans, peas, courgette and seasoning and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the kale and simmer for a further 2 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the spinach and mix through to just wilt the leaves.
- Cool the soup slightly before blending in a liquidiser until smooth.
- To serve, pour the soup back into a pan and bring up to temperature, checking the seasoning. Pour into soup bowls and enjoy!
* Take special care when liquidising the soup if it is still hot.
** Asparagus is a lovely addition to this soup when it’s in season.