Cauliflower is a little powerhouse as it provides a good source of phytochemicals, antioxidants, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
Cauliflower rice has a lovely crunchy texture and is delicious when eaten on its own or served as an accompaniment to main meals or added to salads. It’s a healthy alternative to rice and it really takes no time to prepare!
I small head of cauliflower (yields approximately 325 g of cauliflower rice)
Allow 150 g per person
- Cut the cauliflower in half, remove the core and cut into florets.
- Place the florets in batches in a food processor and pulse to make grains the size of rice. Be careful not to over process or it will turn mushy!
- Thoroughly wash and leave to dry.
- Cook the rice. For the best results, sauté (dry fry) the cauliflower rice in a non-stick pan for 3-4 minutes until lightly cooked. Season to taste. This will remove as much of the moisture as possible and so help to keep its crunchy texture.
* Keep in the fridge and use within 4-5 days.
** This does freeze well. However, make sure that after you defrost it, you allow it to dry well before use.