Unlike those pancakes that taste of cardboard, these flourless and sugar free pancakes are really tasty and packed with protein and essential vitamins and minerals. Full of nutrients to keep you filled up till lunch, they will put a smile on your face as they look and taste so delicious. A real winner with the kids!
Serves 2, or 1 person if hungry
125 g of organic jumbo oats
¼ tsp of Himalayan sea salt
½ tsp baking powder
250 ml milk of your choice
coconut oil (or clarified butter)
fresh fruit such as figs, berries
1 tbsp chopped hazelnuts and walnuts
1 tbsp natural yogurt (optional)
- Place the oats in a blender and process until they resemble fine crumbs. Add the salt, baking powder, eggs and milk and process again until smooth.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat half a tsp of coconut oil in a small non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, pour in half the pancake batter and cook for 1 minute, flipping the pancake over and frying for a further minute on the other side until cooked through and lightly golden.
- Remove carefully from the pan by sliding onto a plate to serve.
- Top with fresh fruit, a spoonful of natural yogurt and chopped nuts.
* You can top with any fruits, nuts and seeds of your choice.
** If you want some additional protein, add some protein powder when making up the batter mix.