A quick recipe for those busy mornings - a real winner with kids as well as the adults.
1 slice of bread of your choice (I have used sourdough bread here)
1 egg, beaten
pinch of cinnamon (optional)
1 tsp of coconut oil
70 g of seasonal berries
1 tbsp yoghurt
- Beat the egg in a bowl with 1 tbsp of water and the cinnamon. Place the bread in the egg mixture, turning over several times to make sure it is well covered. Soak for a few minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat the berries with a tbsp of water for a couple of minutes, until warmed through and the berries are all juicy.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the bread and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown and fluffy.
- To serve, spoon the eggy bread onto a plate and top with some yoghurt and the warmed berries.
- Use berries that are in season as they will be packed with natural sweetness. In winter stewed apples and pears work really well.