This can be made using any vegetables so do use what you have in the fridge or what is in season.
This doesn’t just have to be a breakfast dish, it can make a lovely lunch or supper dish eaten with a crispy salad.
Serves 2, or 1 person if hungry
1 tsp coconut oil
1 red onion, sliced
½ courgette, roughly chopped
½ red pepper, diced
½ yellow pepper, diced
1 tbsp chopped chives
Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill.
- Beat the eggs in a jug with 1 tbsp of cold water, add the chives and some sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place a non-stick pan on a medium heat with the coconut oil and, once melted, add the onion and soften for 5 minutes. Then add the vegetables and sauté until golden brown.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir a little to ensure the egg and vegetables are evenly spread out in the pan. Once it has browned underneath, place under the grill for a few minutes until cooked through and the mixture fluffs up.
- Leave in the pan for a minute to firm before slicing and serving.
* Keep in the fridge and eat within 2-3 days.