This can be made using any vegetables so do use what you have in the fridge or what is in season.
This doesn’t just have to be a breakfast dish, it can make a lovely lunch or supper dish eaten with a crispy salad.
Serves 2, or 1 person if hungry
1 tsp coconut oil
1 red onion, sliced
½ courgette, roughly chopped
½ red pepper, diced
½ yellow pepper, diced
1 tbsp chopped chives
Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill.
- Beat the eggs in a jug with 1 tbsp of cold water, add the chives and some sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place a non-stick pan on a medium heat with the coconut oil and, once melted, add the onion and soften for 5 minutes. Then add the vegetables and sauté until golden brown.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir a little to ensure the egg and vegetables are evenly spread out in the pan. Once it has browned underneath, crumble the feta cheese on the top and place under the grill for a few minutes until cooked through and the mixture fluffs up.
- Leave in the pan for a minute to firm before slicing and serving.
* Keep in the fridge and eat within 2-3 days.