This popular recipe is so quick and easy and makes a great snack for us as well as the kids! It tastes amazing and even more so if lightly toasted.
This Nut & Seed Bread is packed with proteins, vitamins, minerals and omega-3's.
I have done many versions of this bread, playing about with the ingredients and this is now a recipe that I’m really happy with as it really works and tastes great.
Makes 1 (9×5″ loaf)
125 g organic rye flakes
85 g quinoa flakes
100 g white chia seeds
100 g black chia seeds
125 g pumpkin seeds
125 g sunflower seeds
125 g flax seeds
100 g whole hazelnuts
75 g sesame seeds
75 g dried cranberries
2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
50 g melted coconut oil, melted (or clarified butter)
300 ml water
5 large free-range eggs
- Line a 1 litre loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Place all the nuts and seeds in large bowl and stir well to combine (don’t chop the nuts as they are better left whole). Pour in the water and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and coconut oil then stir into the nut mix until well combined.
- Pour into the loaf tin and smooth out evenly. Bang the tin down on the counter a couple of times to ensure that the mixture has reached the corners of the tin.
- Leave at room temperature for about 2 hours to make sure the ingredients have time to absorb the liquid mixture and soften. Cover the top with some baking parchment and cover with foil (this is to ensure it doesn’t get too dark whilst cooking).
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour and then remove the foil and parchment paper and cook for a further 20 minutes until golden brown and firm.
- Allow the the bread to cool slightly in the loaf pan. Then, being careful as the bread is still hot and fragile, turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely (lift the parchment paper from the sides to easily lift the loaf out of the bread tin).
* Let cool at room temperature before slicing, it will harden as it cools and so this is important if you want lovely slices.
** Store bread in a tightly sealed container for up to a week.
*** Why not freeze half and use another time as it freezes very well. Just ensure that it is well wrapped before freezing to avoid it drying out and slice before freezing for quick and easy toast.