I urge you to try out this recipe as it is so delicious and a really healthy breakfast option containing protein, antioxidants, vitamins, nutrients and fibre. Some may think that this sounds a slightly odd breakfast idea but, with its a fluffy, nutty texture combined with some fresh fruit, it makes for a really tasty breakfast alternative.
50 g flaked quinoa
325 ml almond milk (or milk of your choice)
Seeds of 1/4 vanilla pod or vanilla essence (optional)
10 g dried cranberries
25 g dried apricots, roughly chopped
15 g pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
1-2 tbsp natural yoghurt (optional)
- Rinse and drain the quinoa. Place the quinoa in a pan with 300ml of milk and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, transfer the quinoa into a bowl and mix in the remaining 25 ml milk and vanilla (if using) until well combined.
- Set aside until needed or keep in the fridge overnight if preparing for the next day.
- Mix in the nuts and fruit and spoon the quinoa into a bowl (or mason jar if you are taking it to the office).
* Keep in the fridge and use within 3 days.