A super easy salad which tastes delicious. A good source of fibre as well as protein and high in vitamins, especially Vitamin C and A.
300 g of cauliflower rice
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed with a side of the knife
1 tsp coconut oil
½ 400 g tin of cooked cannellini beans
200 g broccoli florets
2 tsp toasted sunflower seeds
2 tbsp chopped parsley
Sea salt and pepper
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the broccoli for 3-4 minutes and then refresh in cold running water (blanch & refresh).
- Heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan and once melted add the onion and fry gently for approximately 5-10 minutes, remove from the heat, stir in the garlic and set aside.
- In the same pan dry fry the cauliflower rice for 3-4 minutes stirring all the time until lightly cooked. Set aside to cool down.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the beans, broccoli, sunflower seeds and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon into salad bowls and enjoy.
* Keep in the fridge and use within 4-5 days.
** Crush the garlic rather than chop it to activate the enzyme allicin (the active ingredient in garlic).