A really quick nutritious supper dish which takes no time to prepare and is packed with flavour.
2 chicken breasts
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tsp turmeric
2 large carrots, peeled and grated
2 tbsp black mustard seeds
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and pepper
50g rocket leaves
1 head of chicory, sliced
½ head of fennel
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- Freshly grind the coriander and cumin seeds and mix together with the turmeric. Place the chicken in a roasting tin, drizzle a little olive oil onto the chicken skin before rubbing the freshly ground spices on top.
- Cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes (depending on the size) until the juices run clear.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add the black mustard seeds and cook until they start to crackle and pop. Put into a bowl and mix in the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix in the grated carrot combining well. Set aside.
- Very thinly slice the fennel, wash and dry it with paper towel. Mix with the rocket and chicory.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. To test it is cooked, insert a small knife into the thickest part and ensure the juices run clear.
- Slice the chicken and arrange on a plate with the carrot salad and green salad. Also, serve with some brown rice and a good dollop of natural yoghurt.
* You can obtain lovely thin slices of fennel using a mandoline, but please be careful.