Soda bread with crushed peas, pesto, avocado and a poached egg. A delicious breakfast or brunch which will really get your taste buds tingling.
Full of nutrients to keep you filled up till lunch, this will put a smile on your face as it looks so good.
1 slice of sourdough bread (or bread of your choice)
1/2 avocado, sliced
50 g peas, cooked
1 tsp butter
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
A squeeze of lemon juice
30 g pea shoots, rocket or watercress
Sea salt and pepper
1 tbsp white wine vinegar (optional)
- Place the peas in a pan of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and crush with a fork, adding some butter, salt and pepper.
- To make the perfect softly poached egg - break the egg into a small bowl and have a slotted spoon at the ready. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add 1 tbsp white wine vinegar.
- When you are ready, using a fork, swirl the water to make a whirlpool then drop the egg into the water. Turn down the heat so that the water is gently simmering (otherwise the eggs will break up!). Poach for exactly 2 minutes and remove with a slotted spoon and drain on some kitchen paper to remove any excess water.
- Toast the bread, top with the crushed peas, avocado and a squeeze of lemon.
- Top with the poached egg and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and chilli flakes.
- For a weekend treat add some crispy bacon.