A beautiful healthy salad with lovely textures and a nutty flavour. Super easy to make and tastes delicious.
A good source of fibre which is digested slowly making it a slow-release energy source as well as a good source of protein, vitamins, especially B-vitamins, and minerals.
125 g quinoa
Approximately 300 ml water (double the volume of quinoa)
1 tsp vegetable stock (marigold) to add more flavour
¼ 400 g tin cooked chickpeas
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
50 g soft black olives
Sea salt and pepper
- Wash and rinse the quinoa thoroughly (to remove the bitter taste).
- Place in a pan, cover with the water and stock and bring to the boil. Turn down and simmer for 15 minutes (the grains will double in size).
- Drain and it is now ready for use.
- Softly boil the eggs for 7 minutes, rinse in cold water, peel and cut into 4.
- In a bowl, mix the shallots, chickpeas, quinoa, black olives, parsley and salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon into salad bowls and place the softly boiled egg on the top.
* Keep in the fridge and use within 2-3 days.