Pomegranates are a nutritious superfood, packed with antioxidant vitamins, and these juicy red pearls add sweetness as well as acidity to the salad.
Cauliflower is great source of many vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin C, B-vitamins, fibre and also phytochemicals and antioxidants.
This salad looks wonderful and it tastes as good as it looks.
1 small cauliflower
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 spring onions, finely sliced
75 g Red Camarague rice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- Cut the cauliflower in half, remove the core and cut into florets. Wash and dry then mix with the melted coconut oil and salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cook the red rice in boiling water for 30-35 minutes, drain and cool.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate - by cutting it horizontally, holding it over a bowl face down in your hand and bashing the fruit with a rolling pin to get the seeds out (good tip to avoid spraying the kitchen and your clothes bright red!).
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together and season well with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon into salad bowls and enjoy.
* Keep in the fridge and use within 3-4 days.