A super easy salad packed with protein and vitamins and minerals, making it great for a speedy supper.
1 large chicken breast
2 tbsps sesame seeds
1 tsp chilli flakes
2 tsp coconut oil
120 g chestnut mushrooms, wiped (don’t wash) and cut into quarters
75 g rocket leaves
150 g spiralized green courgette
3 spring onions, finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped chives
Juice of ½ lime
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken into one inch chunks, place in a bowl and coat with the sesame seeds and chilli flakes.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add one tsp of the coconut oil and fry off the chicken pieces for about 3-4 minutes. Then, add another tsp of coconut oil along with the mushrooms. Once almost cooked, add the courgetti for a minute and stir well as it cooks in the pan.
- Turn off the heat and add the vinegar, lime juice and olive oil to the pan, mixing thoroughly so that all the flavours and juices from the pan combine.
- In a bowl, add the rocket leaves with the remaining ingredients along with the chicken mixture. Combine all the ingredients, stirring to make sure they are all dressed and seasoned well.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy.