Butter beans are a good source of protein, making them a great protein source for vegetarians. This dish is packed full of nutrients including slow- releasing carbohydrates, dietary fibre, minerals, vitamins, especially B-vitamins, and the antioxidant lycopene.
Butter beans have a lovely buttery texture and, combined with the intense flavour of the tomatoes, make a wonderful combination of taste sensations. A quick and easy supper dish that is nutritious and low in calories.
A real winner all round.
500 g butternut squash noodles
1 x 400 g can of butter beans, rinsed
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tbsp pine nuts
1 tbsp chopped parsley
Small handful of basil leaves, torn
40 g rocket leaves
200 ml tomato sauce
Sea salt and pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the butternut squash noodles, pine nuts and sauté for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the tomato sauce together with the butter beans until piping hot. Add the parsley, basil and seasoning. Set aside.
- Mix the butternut squash noodles with the tomato sauce and rocket leaves.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy.
* Make some extra, refrigerate, and serve with scrambled eggs for breakfast - so, so delicious!