A lovely, tasty alternative to pasta but full of vitamins and minerals. So quick to prepare making it perfect for a speedy supper dish. A quote from a pasta loving athlete, “a lovely way to pretend I’m eating pasta and it’s so delicious!”
400-500 g courgette spaghetti
2 tbsp pine nuts
60 g feta cheese (or goat’s cheese)
2 tbsp fresh basil pesto
65 g sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
4 spring onions, chopped
1 tsp coconut oil
Sea salt and pepper
50 g pea shoots
50 g watercress
- Heat a pan and dry fry the pine nuts until golden brown then set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in the pan, add the courgetti and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, spring onions, pesto, seasoning (only a pinch of salt as the cheese is salty), mixing everything together. Add the pine nuts and cheese at the end.
- Serve in flat bowls with pea shoots and watercress.
- A common mistake is that people boil courgetti for too long making it soggy and tasteless. Follow this recipe and I assure you, you won’t go wrong.