Unlike those pancakes that taste of cardboard, these flourless and sugar- free pancakes are really tasty and packed with protein and essential vitamins and minerals.
A really tasty lunch idea packed full of goodness.
125 g of organic jumbo oats
¼ tsp of Himalayan sea salt
½ tsp baking powder
250 ml milk of your choice
2 tsp coconut oil (or clarified butter)
½ red onion, sliced
25 g feta cheese
Sundried tomatoes, sliced
1 tbsp pine nuts
1 tbsp basil pesto
50 g rocket or watercress leaves
- Place the oats in a blender and process until they resemble fine crumbs. Add the salt, baking powder, eggs and milk and process again until smooth.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 tsp of coconut oil in a small non-stick frying pan and fry the onion for about 5 minutes until soft and caramelised. Put onto a plate once cooked.
- In the same frying pan, heat 1/2 tsp of coconut oil over a medium heat, pour in half the pancake batter and cook for 1 minute, flipping the pancake over and frying for a further minute on the other side until cooked through and lightly golden.
- Remove carefully from the pan by sliding onto a plate, add the green leaves, caramelised red onion, crumbled feta and tomatoes on top and sprinkle with the parsley, and pine nuts.
- Drizzle with the pesto and enjoy.