Great for a snack and packed with lots of whole, natural ingredients. Totally healthy and taste delicious!
90g spelt flour
70g wholemeal flour
100g ground almonds
2½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp sea salt
50g organic grass fed butter/ 4 tbsp coconut oil
1 ripe banana (half mashed half sliced)
40g coconut sugar
3 free-range eggs
1½ tsp vanilla essence
125ml milk of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6. Put muffin liners in a muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flours, ground almonds, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut sugar, vanilla essence, mashed banana and butter/coconut oil until well combined. Then add this to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined (do not over mix). Finally, mix in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin liners and place a thin slice of banana on the top.
- Bake for 15 -18 minutes. To test if they are cooked, insert a skewer into the centre and it should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
* Store extras in an airtight container for 3 days but they taste best eaten on the day they are made. Alternatively, freeze for up to 3 months.