For a different take on cauliflower try these tasty cauliflower steaks. The humble cauliflower is a little powerhouse. This dish looks and tastes great.
1 cauliflower (will yield 3 thin or 2 thicker ‘steaks’)
4 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. pomegranate molasses
Juice of 1 lime
½ tsp. cinnamon
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 tbsp. flat leaf parsley, chopped
2 tbsp. pine nuts
½ pomegranate, seeds removed
Sea salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the grill / oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6
- Prepare the cauliflower by removing any outer leaves and washing well. Trim the stem end of the cauliflower and slice into ‘steaks’.
- Mix garlic, shallots, olive oil, lime, cinnamon, pomegranate molasses, salt and pepper.
- Place cauliflower on baking tray and spoon the dressing over the cauliflower.
- Place under the grill, or alternatively fry in a pan to brown on each side before baking in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Once browned, place on a serving plate and sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds, pine nuts and parsley
* Serve with quinoa, buckwheat or any other grain of your choice
** Use the leftover florets and turn them into cauliflower rice/refrigerate for another time.