Vegan, Gluten & dairy free.
For a different take on cauliflower try these tasty cauliflower steaks. The humble cauliflower is a little powerhouse. This dish looks and tastes great.
1 cauliflower (will yield 3 thin or 2 thicker ‘steaks’)
2 tbsp salsa verde
2 tbsp. olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon
2 tbsp. flat leaf parsley, chopped
2 spring onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp. pine nuts
Sea salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the grill / oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- Prepare the cauliflower by removing any outer leaves and washing well. Trim the stem end of the cauliflower and slice into ‘steaks’.
- Put the cauliflower on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Place under the grill, or alternatively fry in a pan to brown on each side before baking in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Once browned, place on a serving plate and drizzle over the salsa verde
* Serve with quinoa, buckwheat or any other grain of your choice
** Use the leftover florets and turn them into cauliflower rice/refridgerate for another time.