A lovely dish packed with nutrition and lots of flavour and textures.
2 x 6oz cod fillets, skinned
200g new potatoes, washed, skin left on
120g curly kale, washed and any large stalks removed
100g samphire seagrass
2 spring onions, sliced
1 tsp butter
2 tbsps chopped parsley
2 lemon wedges
Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6
- Put the potatoes into a pan with boiling water and simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Put the cod onto a baking sheet, add a small dot of butter and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes until cooked. (You can tell when the fish is cooked as it will flake easily).
- Meanwhile, melt a little butter in a pan and cook the kale, spring onions and samphire until wilted. Season well.
- Remove the cod from the oven and serve on a plate on top of the kale. Drizzle with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.
* This recipe works well with almost any fish!