This recipe is wonderful if you use fresh corn straight off the cob but it also works really well if you use frozen or canned corn instead so you can make it all year round!
Great to have for breakfast, lunch or pop into a lunchbox!
Serves 2 (makes 6)
150g corn kernels
50g cooked chickpeas
50g spelt flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped chives
3 large eggs, beaten
1 tbsp chia seeds
Sea salt and pepper
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 lime wedge
Salad leaves to serve
120g cherry tomatoes, halved and quartered
½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 avocado, chopped
½ red onion, finely chopped
Handful of basil leaves, torn
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lime
75g crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Crush the chickpeas with a fork in a mixing bowl, add the crushed garlic, spring onions, chives, eggs and seasoning. Beat together until well combined
- Add the corn kernels and chia seeds to the egg mixture
- Meanwhile, mix the salsa ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a frying pan and put spoonfuls of the mixture in the pan. Fry for a couple of minutes until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve the fritters on plates with the salsa, crumbled feta and lime wedges.
These can be made ahead of time, kept in the fridge and reheated or eaten cold
* You can just serve them on their own with a spoonful of Greek yoghurt if you want a quick snack!