Summer is here and this light, fresh soup is delicious served either hot or cold.
1 onion, finely chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
350g frozen petit pois
550ml vegetable stock
A handful of mint leaves
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion, shallots and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and fry for a couple of minutes. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the peas are tender.
- Remove the leaves from the mint stalks and add the leaves to the pan along with some salt and pepper.
- Blend the soup in a liquidizer and whiz until smooth.
- Serve hot or cold, and garnish with a swirl of yoghurt.
* If serving cold, chill the bowls in the fridge before serving
** Freezes well, so this can be made ahead of time, or doubled up for future use