This is really quick and easy to prepare and also very very tasty making a delicious lunch or supper dish.
2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
65g mangetout, sliced lengthways
65g edamame beans
Cooked brown rice
½ red chilli, finely sliced
1 spring onion, finely sliced
Chopped coriander and wedge of lime to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/gas 5
- Slice the aubergine in half and diagonally score the inside and place on a baking tray.
- In a small bowl mix the teriyaki, soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar, sesame oil and garlic until well combined. Brush the mixture over the aubergines and sprinkle with sesame seeds and cook for 30-45 minutes
- Heat a pan with a little olive oil and stir fry the mangetout, beansprouts and edamame beans for a few minutes
- Remove the aubergines from the oven, serve on a plate with the cooked rice, crispy vegetables and a wedge of lime. Garnish with finely sliced spring onion, red chilli and sprinkle with fresh coriander.