A totally yummy curry bursting with goodness and flavour.
You can make this with a good quality curry paste or make your own. These tasty spices, along with all their therapeutic properties, make this a wonderful vegetable curry.
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp of green curry paste - Use 2 tbsp if using shop brought curry paste
1 onion, sliced
1 lemongrass stick
2 lime leaves
1x 400ml can of coconut milk
½ head of broccoli
1 red pepper
100g baby corn
100g sugar snaps
100g green beans
Large handful of baby spinach
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp of tamari
1 tsp coconut sugar (to taste)
1 tsp fish sauce
Juice of 1 lime
½ red chilli, finely sliced
Thai basil / basil leaves
100g brown or basmati rice
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the curry paste, stirring for a couple of minutes to get the flavours going.
- Add the onions, garlic, lemongrass, lime leaves and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for approx. 5 minutes stirring regularly.
- Add all the vegetables (except the spinach leaves) and approximately 300ml water (rinse the can of coconut milk).
- Cook for approximately 5-8 minutes. Add the spinach leaves at the end and stir through to wilt the leaves.
- Take it off the heat and stir through the tamari, lime juice and fish sauce.
- Sprinkle with torn basil leaves and sliced chilli and serve with the brown rice. Enjoy!
* Be careful not to overcook the vegetables as you still want them to be tender and to keep their vibrant colours